Outside Hitter, 6-2
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (June 201, 2021) – The FIVB has placed five people from the United States to hold six positions on its commissions and councils for the 2020-24 Olympic quadrennial.
The FIVB, or Fédération Internationale de Volleyball, is the international governing body for the sport. Its commissions and councils assist its Executive Committee in setting and carrying out the goals of the organization.
The U.S. members on the commissions and councils represent U.S. interests as well as the NORCECA zone, which includes North America, Central America and the Caribbean.
“Having U.S. representatives on FIVB commissions and council is important and we are proud to have been named to six positions by the FIVB,” said USA Volleyball President and CEO Jamie Davis. “USA Volleyball has a great interest in taking a leadership role in helping the sport grow and develop both nationally and internationally and in working with the FIVB leadership to increase volleyball’s affinity and participation.”
The United States appointees:
- U.S. Women’s National Team Captain Jordan Larson is a member of the 10-person Athletes’ Commission.
- Peter Diamond, the executive vice president for programming at NBC Olympics, will serve as president of the Marketing and Communication Commission.
- USAV Officials Director Pati Rolf is a member of the Rules of the Game & Refereeing Commission.
- U.S. Women’s National Team Head Coach Karch Kiraly is on the Technical & Coaching Commission.
- Jamie Davis and Jordan Larson are both members of the Sport Event Council / Volleyball Council.