- Most importantly, if you have a respiratory illness or fever, please stay home.
- Wear a mask or other facial covering that completely covers your mouth and nose when around others.
- Avoid contact with sick people (if you’re sick, limit contact with others).
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your nose and mouth with something disposable (like a tissue) when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
- Clean frequently touched items (cell phones, airplane seating area -tray table, screens, windows, arm rests, air vents, etc.).
- Clean your hands often by washing them with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at 60%–95% alcohol. Soap and water should be used if hands are visibly dirty.
- It is especially important to clean hands after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after coughing, sneezing or blowing your nose.
- Bring extra hand sanitizer with you to all events.
USAV Return to Play Guidelines
USA Volleyball (USAV) has prepared Return to Play Guidelines for region leaders, club directors, event promoters, venue operators, members and families to provide guidance as volleyball activities begin to recommence across the United States.
The following recommendations are not intended or implied to be mandates. Many of these recommendations are based upon current guidelines set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and other Federal government agencies. The knowledge surrounding COVID-19 is constantly changing and circumstances are different based on geographic region. Therefore, region leaders, club directors, event promoters and venue operators should adhere to their state and local guidelines when determining their own re-opening policies and procedures.
All USAV sanctioned activities will be required to adhere to the most stringent federal, state or local regulations for their respective areas.
Until COVID-19 is either eradicated, a vaccine is developed, or a cure is found, there is no way to completely eliminate the risk of infection and as a result USAV strongly encourages all participants to follow these recommendations as safety precautions. The information in this document is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, nor does USAV or its forty (40) Regional Volleyball Associations (Region(s)) assume any liability or responsibility for the recommendations provided herein.
Event Updates (last updated March 18, 2021)
The 2021 Music City Volleyball Championships has been canceled.
Statement from MCVC (issued Sept. 17, 2020)
Due to the status of Nashville and the uncertainty of the buildings occupancy abilities as it relates to COVID-19, we will have to bid adieu to MCVC2021. As much as this saddens us to announce this, this is not goodbye — it is just “see you later!!” So keep us in your plans for a return to Nashville in 2022, because we cannot wait to host you!
On the upside, our 18s qualifying divisions are being moved to the Big South Qualifier in Atlanta, Georgia, April 2-4.
The 2021 Boys Far Western Bid Tournament has new dates and a new location
The Boys Far Western Bid Tournament has been rescheduled for May 8-9, 2021 in Reno, Nevada.
The Boys Far Western Bid Tournament is a USAV-sanctioned event. Visit the Boys Far Western Bid Tournament webpage.
All weekends of the Northern Lights qualifier will be in Omaha, Nebraska.
Due to capacity restraints, the event has been expanded to three weekends:
- Weekend 1: April 30–May 2, 15s
- Weekend 2: May 7-9, 11–14s
- Weekend 3: May 14-16, 16s; 17s and 18s non-bid divisions
The Northern Lights Qualifier is a USAV-sanctioned event. Visit the Northern Lights Qualifier webpage.
The 2021 KC MLK 18s National Qualifier has new dates.
The KC MLK 18s National Qualifier has been postponed and its bid has been folded into the Show Me Qualifier that also takes place in Kansas City, Missouri. The 18s bid will be awarded the first weekend of Show Me, which is April 3-5.
The KC MLK 18s Qualifier is a USAV-sanctioned event. Visit the KC MLK 18s Qualifier webpage.
The 2021 Girls Winter Volleyball Championship has new dates and a new location.
The Girls Winter Volleyball Championship has moved to Indianapolis, Indiana, and will run January 23-25. It was originally scheduled for January 16-18 in Chicago.
The Girls Winter Volleyball Championship is a USAV-sanctioned event. Visit the Girls Winter Volleyball Championship webpage.
The 2021 Boys Winter Volleyball Championship has new dates and a new location.
The Boys Winter Volleyball Championship has moved to Indianapolis, Indiana, and will run January 23-25. It was originally scheduled for January 16-18 in Chicago.
The Boys Winter Volleyball Championship is a USAV-sanctioned event. Visit the Boys Winter Volleyball Championship webpage.
The 2021 SCVA Boys Junior Invitational has new dates and a new location.
The SCVA Boys Junior Invitational has moved to Las Vegas, Nevada, and will run May 21-23. It was originally scheduled for January 29-31 in Anaheim, California.
The SCVA Boys Junior Invitational is a USAV-sanctioned event. Visit the SCVA Boys Junior Invitational webpage.
Note: On February 24, the SCBA Boys Junior Invitational was postponed to May 21-23 from its formerly new time slot in April.
The 2021 Boys Southwest Classic has a new Facility.
It will now be held in the Central Texas Fieldhouse. That address is:
2610 Main St. Ste. 106
Buda, TX 78610
The 2021 Boys Southwest Classic is a USAV-sanctioned event. Visit the Boys Southwest Classic webpage.
The 2021 Boston Volleyball Festival 18s Bid divisions have a new location.
The Bids for the 2021 Boston Volleyball Festival 18s National Qualifier will now be awarded at the Molten Florida Pre-Qualifier in Tampa, Florida, February 26-28. The non-bid divisions for the event have been postponed to May 21-23 and will remain in Boston.
The Boston Volleyball Festival and Molten Florida Pre-Qualifier are USAV-sanctioned events. Visit the Boston Volleyball Festival page for more information.
The 2021 Colorado Crossroads has new dates, a new schedule and the 18s bid tournament will take place in a different city.
Colorado Crossroads has announced the following schedule for 2021:
- March 19-21: 18s in Windsor, Colorado at the NORCO Volleyball Club facility
- May 7-9: 15 Open, 16s-17s in Denver at the Denver Convention Center (note: updated March 30, 2021)
- May 14-16: 11s-14s, 15 American, 15 USA in Denver at the Denver Convention Center (note: updated March 30, 2021)
Colorado Crossroads is a USAV-sanctioned event. Visit the Colorado Crossroads webpage.
The 2021 Northeast Qualifier has new dates, a new schedule and will all take place in one city.
The Girls 18s National Championship qualifier has moved to Philadelphia and will run March 27-29. It was originally scheduled for March 20-22 in Baltimore.
Furthermore, the schedule for the GJNC qualifier has changed:
- March 27-29: 18s and 11 National*
- April 2-4: 14s-15s USA & American; 13s; 12s National & American
- April 9-11: 16s, 17 Open & American; 15 Open; 14 Open
- April 30-May 2: 17 American
*Will offer nonqualifying Premier and Club divisions on this weekend. See event website for more details.
The Northeast Qualifier is a USAV-sanctioned event. Visit the Northeast Qualifier webpage.
The 2021 Pacific Northwest Qualifier has new dates, and the 18s division has been canceled.
The 2021 Pacific Northwest Qualifier will now take place over two weekends in May. The 18s division, which was scheduled for March 26-28, has ben canceled.
The remaining schedule is as follows:
- May 15-17: 12s, 16s, 17s
- May 21-23: 13s, 14s, 15s
The Pacific Northwest Qualifier is a USAV-sanctioned event. Visit the Pacific Northwest Qualifier website.
The 2021 NCVA Sierra National Qualifier has new dates.
The 2021 NCVA Sierra National Qualifier will now take place April 9-11, still in Reno, Nevada.
The 2021 NCVA Sierra National Qualifier is a USAV-sanctioned event. Visit the Sierra National Qualifier website.
The 2021 Red Rock Rave has new dates:
- May 15-17: 15s-17s
- May 21-23: 11s-14s
The 18s bid that was scheduled to take place March 27-29 is still tentatively scheduled for that day but will utilize more venues than just the Mandalay Bay Convention Center. Both sessions listed above will take place solely in the Mandalay Bay Convention Center.
The 2021 Red Rock Rave is a USAV-sanctioned event. Visit the Red Rock Rave website.
The Windy City Qualifier has now been moved and rescheduled to the following dates and locations:
April 23-25, 2021: St. Louis, Missouri – 15s and 16s
May 14-16, 2021: Indianapolis, Indiana – 11s-14s, 17s
The Windy City National Qualifier is a USAV-sanctioned event. Visit the Windy City National Qualifier webpage.
The Lone Star Classic has a new schedule, and locations of some divisions may have changed.
The schedule is now as follows:
Location: Grapevine, Texas
11 Club, 11 National, 12 American, 12 Club
Location: Dallas, Texas
12 National, 13s, 14 Open, 14 USA, 14 Club, 14 Select
Location: Houston, Texas
14 American, 15 American
Location: Dallas, Texas
15 Open, 15 USA, 16 Open, 16 USA, 17 Open, 17 USA, 17 Club
15 Club, 15 Select, 16 American, 16 Club, 16 Select, 17 American
The Lone Star Classic is a USAV-sanctioned event. Visit the Lone Star Classic webpage.
Proactive Precautions to Take
- How to Make No-Sew Fabric Masks (CDC)
- USA Volleyball Family and Club Resources
- USOPC COVID-19 webpage
- World Health Organization home page
- State and Territorial Health Department directory
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention home page
- COVID-19 updates from the United States from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention
- World Health Organization Situation Reports
- Centers for Disease Control Fact Sheets
- World Health Organization Advice for the Public
- World Health Organization Q & A on COVID-19
- World Health Organization interactive courses
- World Health Organization: Public Health for Mass Gatherings Key Considerations (PDF)
- World Health Organization: Key Planning Recommendations for Mass Gatherings in the context of COVID-19 (PDF)
- World Health Organization: Considerations for Sports Federations/Sports Event Organizers (PDF)
- IOC and Sports Events Organizers Continue to Benefit from WHO Guidance on Mass Gatherings