About USA Volleyball
Would you like to work in the Olympic movement with one of the most successful organizations serving one of the fastest growing and exciting sports in the world? USA Volleyball (USAV) is the national governing body for beach, indoor, sitting, snow, and para-beach volleyball in the United States with more than 400,000 members, responsible for selecting the Olympic and Paralympic volleyball teams. USA Volleyball also supports a network of regional associations, youth and junior programs, national championships, coaching and officials training, grassroots development, and the SafeSport initiative.
USAV is an equal opportunity employer committed to increasing the diversity of its community. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, gender identity or expression, disability, or sexual orientation in our programs and activities or our employment practices. To learn more about USAV’s diversity, equity and inclusion efforts, please visit our DEI page.
The Administrative Associate, National Team Development Program (NTDP) is a temporary part-time position reporting to NTDP Senior Manager. The position is scheduled from May 1-Dec. 31, 2022, at up to 20hr/week. Hours may fluctuate pending department activity levels.
This position coordinates essential activities, projects, and logistics for the National Team programs to align with the NTDP mission to identify, recruit, and accelerate the development of high potential youth volleyball players to strengthen our National Team programs to achieve sustained competitive excellence.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a growth mindset and the ability to handle multiple competing demands. This position also requires the ability to work at the USA Volleyball warehouse to assist with inventory and packing for programs.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities include but are not necessarily limited to:
• Coordinate logistics of essential activities, projects, and support of NTDP events at all levels.
• Organize, pack, and ship equipment for regional, national, and international events. Provide support with NTDP equipment inventory.
• Assist in the USAV membership verification process for all NTDP athletes and staff.
• Support the planning, organizing, and scheduling of NTDP events.
• Create and maintain event registrations and field questions regarding NTDP.
• Collect results and feedback from NTDP events, camps, and competitions, disseminate to athletes and update files and the website.
• Communicate effectively to NTDP athletes, families, coaches, staff, USAV administration, and the wider volleyball community.
• Opportunity to pursue special projects and/or thesis research within NTDP, Education Services, and potentially National Team programs (subject to approval).
• Other duties and projects as assigned.
• Excellent written/verbal communication skills.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills.
• Proficiency with computers and office productivity software including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Experience with Tableau is a plus.
• Reliability and ability to perform under pressure.
• Self-starter with initiative and focus on details.
• Ability to perform the physical requirements of the position.
• Must be able to successfully pass a USAV background screening (before the hire date).
• Must successfully complete SafeSport training within two weeks of hire date. Training must be maintained throughout employment.
• Currently pursuing a graduate degree in sport management or related field
• Experience within a collegiate, professional, or Olympic sports organization(s)
• Demonstrates an understanding of and interest in applying measurement and analysis techniques.
Salary: $ 12.56/h
USAV offers benefits as required by law:
• Prorated paid holidays
• Able to contribute to 403B
Applications accepted online only. Phone calls not accepted. Applications must be received by no later than Monday, April 18, 2022. Please ensure your cover letter addresses your interest in USAV and the position.