About USA Volleyball
Would you like to work in the Olympic movement with one of the most successful organizations serving one of the fastest growing and exciting sports in the world? USA Volleyball is the national governing body for beach, indoor, sitting, snow, and para-beach volleyball in the United States with more than 430,000 members, responsible for selecting the Olympic and Paralympic volleyball teams. USA Volleyball also supports a network of regional associations, youth and junior programs, national championships, coaching and officials training, grassroots development, and the SafeSport initiative.
USAV is an equal opportunity employer committed to increasing the diversity of its community. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, gender identity or expression, disability, or sexual orientation in our programs and activities or our employment practices. To learn more about USAV’s diversity, equity and inclusion efforts, please visit our DEI page.
The Coordinator, Events is a regular full-time position reporting to the Director, Events and is seasonally shared with Member Services. The successful candidate will be an experienced professional tasked with supporting all aspects of department operations to include but not limited to: team registration, event logistics and execution, and budget management. This position requires excellent organization, communication, planning and coordination. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize a diversified workload, and make recommendations for changes in office processes, programs and practices. This position answers non-routine correspondence exercising the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of constituencies. During the main USA Volleyball membership registration period the candidate will support members, clubs and regions with a variety of task as it relates to USAV’s member management system. Additional hours may be required to include nights, weekends and holidays. The position is located in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not necessarily limited to:
- Serve as lead in coordination and execution of assigned events to include budgeting, event logistics, team registration and support, and event execution.
- Handle direct inquiries and/or requests which can be addressed without Director involvement.
- Process all incoming event-related revenues, and file and process event registrations.
- Produce reports, presentations, spread sheets and special projects, and assist with preparing, packing, distributing, or shipping all materials as required by the events department staff.
- Administer independent contractor agreements for assigned events.
- Record and verify registrations in event database and work with volleyball regions and teams concerning their registrations/data.
- Ensure timely posting of qualifier results on the website.
- Post event-related information on website as needed.
- Provide in-office support for event department staff.
- Assist in overall conduct of the USA Volleyball domestic events.
- Assist in calculating VIK numbers/amounts for all Championship Events.
- Point of contact for ordering and management of signs and printed materials.
- Primary department contact on Awards RFP, award design and concept, ordering, disbursement and inventory.
- During the months of August through December, provide administrative support to the Member Services Department during the season registration period.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, Business or Sport Administration or related degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum three years of relative experience.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with attention to detail.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must be a self-starter with initiative and focus on details.
- Experience working with database systems is a plus.
- Must be able to successfully pass a USAV background screening (prior to hire date).
- Must successfully complete SafeSport Certification within two weeks of hire date.
Minimum Starting Salary
Benefits: USAV also offers a comprehensive benefits package to all full-time employees to include:
- Paid vacation
- Personal time
- Up to 14.5 paid holidays per year
- 403B retirement plan – 2 year vesting schedule
- Health Benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Robust EAP and wellness program
- Employer paid life insurance
- Benefits may be modified or discontinued from time to time at the company’s discretion as permitted by law
Applications accepted online only at Paylocity. Phone calls not accepted. Applications must be received by no later than Friday, March 12, 2021.