About USA Volleyball
Would you like to work in the Olympic movement with one of the most successful organizations serving one of the fastest growing and exciting sports in the world? USA Volleyball (USAV) is the national governing body for beach, indoor, sitting, snow, and para-beach volleyball in the United States with more than 400,000 members, responsible for selecting the Olympic and Paralympic volleyball teams. USA Volleyball also supports a network of regional associations, youth and junior programs, national championships, coaching and officials training, grassroots development, and the SafeSport initiative.
USAV is an equal opportunity employer committed to increasing the diversity of its community. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, gender identity or expression, disability, or sexual orientation in our programs and activities or our employment practices. To learn more about USAV’s diversity, equity and inclusion efforts, please visit our DEI page.
The coordinator will report directly to the chief marketing officer and will assist in creation and execution of strategic marketing plans and campaigns for USA Volleyball operations. Extended hours may be required to include nights, weekends, and holidays. Cross departmental support is a general expectation of all USAV employees. The position is located in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities include but are not necessarily limited to:
- Draft, develop and execute strategic marketing campaigns for USA Volleyball events and programs.
- Manage project timelines and deliverables.
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders to deliver assets and establish deadlines.
- Brief creative team for production of written, graphic and video content.
- Prepare and analyze campaign reports, survey feedback and key performance metrics.
- Write copy to market, promote and build engagement around the athletes, events, USA Volleyball and the sport of volleyball.
- Contribute promotional content for USA Volleyball brand campaigns across owned, earned and paid media.
- Assist with creative strategy and project management of creative projects in conjunction with the strategic marketing plans.
- Coordinate and execute paid advertising campaigns via digital display, social media, radio, print, OOH, TV broadcast, search engine, etc.
- Organize and execute media buys.
- Analyze reports on advertising performance and provide recommendations on paid media strategy.
- Plan, coordinate and support production of USA Volleyball Hall of Fame annual banquet.
- Coordinate production and logistics of marketing resources and materials including communication with third parties, shipping and inventory management of marketing supplies and equipment.
- Oversee advertising program and media kit including communication with 3rd parties, setup and management of ad campaigns and processing payment.
- Assist with administrative responsibilities for marketing, communications and creative services department as assigned.
- Limited onsite social media content creation and publishing at events.
- Limited creative and graphic design support where needed.
- Assist in brand management regarding usage and guidelines for USA Volleyball marks.
- Research and conduct analysis of consumer behavior, volleyball, sports and marketing industry trends to provide insight into development of strategic campaigns.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with sponsors, partners, affiliates, suppliers and vendors to support execution of deliverables and fulfillment of partnership agreements.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in in marketing, related degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum three years of experience in marketing, advertising or related field.
- Demonstrated experience in strategic planning.
- Strong project management and multi-tasking skills with detail-oriented mindset.
- Experience with organizational brand communications in digital media platforms.
- Strong customer experience skills.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to successfully pass a USAV background screening (prior to hire date).
- Must successfully complete SafeSport training within two weeks of hire date and remain current.
- Experience in sports marketing and/or communications.
- Experience in advertising, media buying and/or sales.
- Experience or creative skillset in graphic design or video, especially in Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience in copywriting or journalism, editorial writing.
Salary: $18.50/hr. equivalent of $38,500 annually.
USAV also offers a comprehensive benefits package to all full-time employees to include:
- Paid Vacation
- Personal Time
- Up to 14.5 paid holidays per year
- 403B retirement plan
- Health Benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Parental leave
- Robust EAP and wellness program
- Employer paid life insurance
- Benefits may be modified or discontinued from time to time at the company’s discretion as permitted by law
Applications accepted online only through Paylocity. Phone calls not accepted. Applications must be received by no later than Friday, September 10, 2021. Please ensure your cover letter addresses your interest in USAV and the position.