July 6-9, 2021
Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
Beach Event, Camps and Trials, National Team Events, Beach NDTP Events
The age limit for the postponed U21 Beach Volleyball World Championships will remain the same for the 2020 event. As such, participating athletes must be born on January 1, 2001, onward.
The trials are a qualifying event for the 2021 FIVB U21 Beach World Championship, Sept. 24-29, 2021.
As always, safety is the priority of USA Volleyball. Although we have all intentions of hosting this event as listed above, USAV holds the right to make adjustments to this event due but not limited to FIVB event cancellation and/or postponement, COVID-19 obstacles, and more. Please know that USA Volleyball will not be held responsible for any financial obligations related to this event. The below terms and conditions may change given the developments of Covid-19 and USA Volleyball likelihood of hosting those events.
July 6, 2021: Qualifier
July 7-9, 2021: Main draw
- Be eligible to compete for the United States per USAV, NORCECA, FIVB and IOC regulations/requirements.
- Athletes must be a currently registered member of USAV.
- Athletes must be born on January 1, 2001 or later.
- Pairs must register together, and both must meet all athlete requirements.
- Pairs that finish first, second or third at this event, are REQUIRED to attend all training sessions assigned by USA Volleyball between trials and the competition.
- Training dates and location for U21 teams will take place alongside the 2021 Beach High Performance Championship (July 26-31, location TBA) and two to three days before departing for Thailand (date TBD, location TBD).
- Athletes must be a U.S. citizen and have a valid passport.
- Must complete all FIVB required paperwork and documents as needed.
- An athlete who is 18 years of age or turns 18 on or before June 15, 2020, must successfully complete the MANDATORY SafeSport Training.
- First-place finishers are guaranteed a trip to compete in the 2021 FIVB U21 World Championships.
- Second-place finishers will receive a trip to compete at the 2021 FIVB U21 World Championships, provided the FIVB allows the U.S. a second team slot.
- Third-place finishers will be alternates for the 2021 U21 World Championships
- First-, second- and third-place finishing teams must attend the required training sessions listed above.
- USA Volleyball will cover all expenses for the training sessions and the U21 World Championships for these qualified teams.
- May 17, 2021: Registration open
- June 18, 2021: Early Bird Registration deadline
- June 18, 2021: Confirmed entry list released (24 teams will gain entry into the main draw and 24 teams will gain entry into the qualification tournament)
- June 18, 2021: Coach registration deadline
- June 29, 2021: Last day for any pairs to late register
- July 2, 2021: Last day for any partner changes
*Refunds are issued minus a $20 administrative fee. No refunds after TBD.
Any athlete who is 18 years of age or turning 18 on or before the first day of trials, must complete the Safe Sport training in order to be eligible to participate.
- All female athletes must wear shorts or spandex (1” inseam, min) and a tank top that covers the midriff when arms are at the sides.
- Male athletes must wear shorts and tanks. The shorts must be a minimum of 10 inches in length, and the tank tops must cover the midsection.
- The tops should be matching and have two (2) different numbers clearly visible that correspond to each player.
- Hats, visors, sunglasses and sand socks are considered optional personal attire.
- For competitions, pairs must be dressed identically, including matching tops and bottoms (including lengths).
- Cold weather clothing is permitted in conjunction with the uniform and tops should fit snugly under any uniform.
- Athletes must check in as a team (both partners MUST be present in order to be checked in)
- ALL coaches must register to participate in the trials.
- Coaches must register before June 18, 2021
- All coaches must meet the minimum requirements in order to participate in the event:
- Be a current USAV member in good standing
- Successfully complete the SafeSport training
- Successfully completed a USAV background screening
- Hold USAV IMPACT certification
Please review the tournament manual (PDF) for rules and regulations.