The 2023 U23 Beach National Team Trials are the official U.S. qualifying event for the 2023 NORCECA U23 Beach Championships.
Participating athletes must be born on January 1, 2001, onward.
Please note, the date and location of this event are currently labeled as “tentative” and could change until notice of confirmation.
June 19: Qualifier
June 20-22: Main Draw
- Be eligible to compete for the United States per USA Volleyball, NORCECA, FIVB and IOC regulations/requirements.
- Each athlete must be a U.S. citizen and have a valid passport at the time of trials.
- Athletes must be currently registered members of USA Volleyball in good standing.
- Athletes must be born on Jan. 1, 2001, or later.
- Pairs must register together, and both must meet all athlete requirements.
- Pairs that finish first at this event are REQUIRED to attend all training sessions assigned by USA Volleyball between trials and the competition.
- Training #1: July 27-August 4, 2023 at the Chula Vista Elite Athlete Training Center
- Training #2: TBD
- Each athlete must complete all FIVB required paperwork and documents as needed.
- An athlete who is 18 years of or turns 18 on or before June 22, 2023, must successfully complete the MANDATORY Safe Sport training.
- Please note, these requirements are subject to change at any time.
- The first place-winning pairs per gender will earn the right to represent the U.S. at the 2023 NORCECA U23 Beach Championship.
- Should USAV receive the 2nd spot per a specific gender in the NORCECA U23 Beach Championships, then USA Volleyball will select two athletes from the alternates on the 2023 Beach Collegiate National Team that will earn the right to represent the U.S. at the 2023 NORCECA U23 Beach Championships provided they attend the two (2) mandatory USAV training blocks prior to departure. The alternate athletes will be chosen by USAV based on an athlete’s NTDP participation.
- The top pair (1st place finishers) will earn the right to and must attend the training mandatory training (July 27–August 4, 2023, at the Chula Vista Elite Athlete Training Center). Only the first-place finishing pair and the pair of athletes selected by USA Volleyball will attend the second training (date TBD, location TBD). All training blocks will be covered by USA Volleyball.
- Teams unwilling to attend the USA Volleyball mandatory training and/or unable to fulfill any of the USA Volleyball, FIVB, and/or host requirements to participate will forfeit their spot and USA Volleyball will offer the spot to a team or athlete of its choosing. The alternate athletes will be chosen by USA Volleyball based on an athlete’s NTDP participation.
Deadlines are at 5 p.m. PT on the following dates:
- Feb. 22, 2023 Registration posted online and opens
- May 22, 2023 Regular registration deadline
- May 29, 2023 Confirmed entry list released (24 teams will gain entry into the Main Draw and 24 teams will gain entry into the Qualification Tournament)
- June 12, 2023 Coach registration deadline
- June 12, 2023 Last day for any pairs to late register
- June 16, 2023 Last day for any partner changes
- June 19, 2023 Qualification tournament
- June 20-22, 2023 Main Draw tournament
- Price per pair: $250/pair + online fees
- Late Registration: $300/pair + online fees
- *NTDP Athlete Discount: Athletes who have participated in an NTDP Training Series since summer 2022 will be eligible to receive a $50 discount per athlete.
Any athlete who is 18 years of age or turning 18 on or before the last day of trials (June 22, 2023), must complete the Safe Sport training in order to be eligible to participate.
- Pairs: Each pair should have matching tops, each with different numbers clearly visible that correspond to each player. For the competition, pairs must be dressed identically, including matching tops and bottoms.
- Female Athletes: All female athletes must wear shorts/leggings/spandex (1” inseam, min.) and a tank top that covers the midriff when arms are at the sides.
- Male Athletes: All male athletes must wear shorts/pants and tank tops. The shorts must be a minimum of 10” in length, and the tank tops must cover the midsection.
- Hats, visors, sunglasses and sand socks are considered optional personal attire.
- Cold weather clothing is permitted in conjunction with the uniform and tops should fit snugly under any uniform.
Athletes must check in as a pair. Both partners MUST be present with their passports in order to be officially checked in.
ALL coaches must register to participate in trials.
- Coaches must register by June 12, 2023.
- All coaches must meet the minimum requirements in order to participate in the event:
- Coaches must be 18 years of age or older.
- Coaches must be current (2022-2023) members of USA Volleyball in good standing.
- Coaches must be USAV Safe Sport Certified and adhere to the Safe Sport Handbook.
- Coaches must successfully pass a USA Volleyball background check.
- All coaches must follow the rules of a “Coach” throughout the event. By registering for this event, you are accepting all rules and regulations of a “Coach” throughout the course of the tournament(s).
- Coaches must follow all requirements as established by USAV, NORCECA, FIVB and others when applicable.