March 6-8, 2021 and March 12-14, 2021
Weekend 1 (11-14, 15 American): March 6-8, 2021
(11s will play March 6-7)
Weekend 2 (15 Open & 15 USA, 16-17, 18 Non-Bid): March 12-14, 2021
For planning travel, we recommend not booking flights any earlier than 6 p.m. on the last day of play, should your team make it to the finals.
Orange County Convention Center – South Hall
9899 International Dr.
Orlando, FL 32819
SCHEDULE for Weekend 2: will be posted early next week
Last Day Forfeits: A penalty of $100 will be issued for any last day forfeits
- Entry will be located on the SOUTH CONCOURSE
- AM Waves – Doors will open at 6:45 am. Once you have completed your work assignments and matches for the day please leave the facility.
- PM Waves – Door will open at 2:30 pm, to allow AM waves to leave after their scheduled 1 pm game.
- It is MANDATED that all attendees over the age of 2 years old must wear a face masks to enter the facility and throughout their entire attendance at the event.
- Attendees will not be allowed to attend the event without a Face Mask and must wear it at all times
- Please review our SUNSHINE CLASSIC PROTCOLS for more information on COVID precautions and guidelines
- Spectators: Limited to 15 spectators/team
- Information on how to redeem codes for spectators was sent to the Club Director and Head Coach for the spectator’s team. If you have questions, please reach out to the Head Coach of the team first, or review our Ticketing drop down, listed further down on this webpage
- If you need to request a refund, please email email@example.com
- If you are a rostered staff member, meaning you are listed on the official Sunshine Classic team roster as a head coach, assistant coach, chaperone, team representative or team manager, you are will not be included in the spectator count. Keep reading.
- Coaches & Rostered Staff: Max 5 per team
- Once online check in closes at 12pm EST on March 5th, USAV Staff will pull a report of all rostered staff. We will then email all rostered staff their codes to redeem their QR Code for the weekend.
- Coaches – if you do not receive your email between 2pm & 8pm EST on Friday, March 5th, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will resend the information to you.
- Players will not receive credentials/bag tags for this event.
Concessions & Seating Areas:
- No food (eating/drinking) will be allowed in the exhibit halls.
- Active participants are allowed to drink water (i.e players, coaches, officials, staff)
- There will be designated lounges for teams and spectators outside the exhibit halls
- Concession Stands will be available on the main concourse, Level II of the South Concourse
- Seating areas for teams and spectators to take breaks and eat will be available on the 3rd level of the South Concourse in rooms S310 & S320 A-H Please View the for the OCCC Floor Plan
- Players- make sure to bring plenty of water! Water fountains will be blocked off in the convention center, and concession stands are located out of the playing area.
Parking at OCCC:
Please keep scrolling down this page for the link to “Orange Country Convention Center Parking & Pricing”
- This will be a cashless event – tickets will be purchase online only. Tickets will not be available onsite.
- We are limiting 15 spectators per team.
- Please reach out to your Head Coach for your code to be able to purchase tickets.
- Live streaming will be available for every court with a BallerTV subscription.
Tickets are available now!
Please join us LIVE Monday, March 15, for a post-tournament virtual recruiting webinar hosted by NCSA (Next College Student Athlete).
Webinar: Sunshine Volleyball Classic Post-Tournament Recruiting Tips
When: Monday, March 15 at 4 p.m. PT / 7 p.m. ET
Topic: In this webinar, NCSA will be discussing what actions and strategies to take after playing in the Sunshine Volleyball Classic to increase your chances of getting recruited to play volleyball in college!
NCSA Coach Sue Webber, former Division I player at the University of Illinois and former NAIA and Division I college coach, will discuss recruiting strategies, the different divisions, recruiting rules and updates, as well as tips on updating your highlight videos.
Parents, Athletes and Coaches are welcome to attend! Every athlete who is 13 years old or older and registers for the webinar will receive a FREE NCSA Volleyball recruiting profile, providing them with nationwide exposure to volleyball college coaches.
Stop by the NCSA Booth for more information! If you cannot attend live, you can still register as the webinar recording will be sent to all registrants.
Hi Fans! Want to avoid crowds and shop from your phone? Now you can buy Sunshine Tournament Tees, Hoodies and souvenirs online at the Lucky Dog Quick Pick store! Shop from your phone and pick up your gear within an hour!
Click the link below and buy your souvenirs now or come by the Lucky Dog store booth to shop in-person.
The Sunshine Classic will be using Advanced Event Systems (AES) for it’s event registration process.
Registration opened on the following days:
- Weekend 1 (11s – 14s, 15 American): Oct.28, 2020, at 12 p.m. ET
- Weekend 2: (15 Open & USA, 16s-17s, 18 Non-Bid): Nov. 4, 2020, at 12 p.m.
NEW TO 2021: Teams will no longer need to create a roster in order to complete the initial registration process. Acceptance will first be given to teams who have completed all requirements. A team’s registration time stamp will be used once a division fills up and moves to a waitlist status. Rosters must be completed by Jan. 29, or the team will be dropped from the tournament!
- Register for the event in AES
- Pay registration fee, either by check or credit card
- Complete housing through Team Travel Source (More information below)
All registration requirements need to be completed in order to be fully accepted into the event.
- $840 per team (12s-17s)
- $600 per team (18 Non-Bid)
- $500 per team (11s)
Teams not accepted into Sunshine Volleyball Classic: Full Refund
Registration Deadline: Feb. 11
Note: Divisions will fill quickly. Once a division fills, those teams still in a pending status will be placed on a waitlist, and notified once a spot opens.
When a USA Volleyball event is canceled or interrupted due to acts or threats of war, acts or threats of terrorism, or a health risk alert, event entry refunds will be made to individuals or teams on a prorated basis once all of USAV’s out-of-pocket expenditures for the canceled or interrupted event have been settled from such fee.
If a team is denied entry into the tournament, because the field is filled, the team may elect to cancel its application and receive a full refund of its entry fee, OR the team may elect to go on a waiting list.
A team on a waiting list may drop out and obtain a full refund of its entry fee as long as we have not yet accepted the team into the tournament from the waiting list. To qualify for this, a team on a waiting list must have notified us in writing of their desire to drop before they receive notification of being accepted from the waiting list.
Entry fees are non-transferable to another team, even from the same club.
Here are the steps:
- After logging into AES, click on your name (top right) and choose “Dashboard”
- Click on Events (top left) and choose “Officials”
- Click on “Register for Events” in the bottom left corner
- Search for the event you would like to add and click the word “Register” to the left of that event