COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado (June 3, 2016) – Adult volleyball players will have the chance to learn from some of the legends of the game in the first-ever USA Volleyball Fantasy Camp being held Sept. 29 to Oct. 3 at the U.S. Olympic Training Center (OTC) in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
This inaugural event will provide the ultimate opportunity for up close and personal interactions with current and legendary U.S. Olympic Team athletes and coaches. Participants will spend the weekend on the USOC complex where they will spend their days with USA living, eating and training like a member of the National Team.
The list of coaches and players who have already committed to serving as camp instructors hold a distinct background on the international level.
- Doug Beal – Current USA Volleyball CEO and former U.S. Men’s National Team player and coach
- Karch Kiraly – Current U.S. Women’s National Team Coach; First male or female player to win Olympic Gold in both indoor and beach volleyball, numerous Hall of Fame inductions and was awarded FIVB’s Best Player of the 20th Century
- Debbie Green – 1984 U.S. Women’s National Team Olympic Silver medalist and is regarded as the greatest American women’s volleyball setter of all time
- Bill Neville – Former U.S. Men’s National Team Assistant Coach and is known as a strategic innovator for the sport
- Stacy Sykora – the first USA libero for the sport, a former U.S. Women’s National Team member, three-time Olympian, and helped the U.S. Women’s National team to a Silver Medal in the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games
- Steve Timmons – three-time U.S. Olympic Men’s Volleyball Team medalist, winning gold in 1984 and 1988, along with silver in 1992, in addition, won gold at the 1984 FIVB World Championship.
Additional coaches will be added to the list of USAV Fantasy Camp instructors.
While the U.S. Women’s and Men’s National Teams have trained at the OTC in the past prior to moving to Anaheim, California, several sports continue to make the facility its training headquarters for its Olympic athletes. The OTC in Colorado Springs is the flagship center for the U.S. Olympic Committee and the Olympic Training Center Programs. Approximately 200 athletes train at the facility, and USAV’s Fantasy Camp participants will get to share in that day-to-day experience right alongside them.
The USAV Fantasy Camp is targeting adult volleyball players who want to be part of training sessions conducted by current and past Olympic Games coaches, skills competitions for fun prizes, learn from film and match break downs from player and coach perspectives, compete in tournament play with a tournament-ending awards banquet, interviews with Olympic athletes and meet-and-greet socials with Olympic athletes and coaches.
Space is limited for the USA Volleyball Fantasy Camp and registrations are accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis. The cost for the camp is $2,500 per person, which covers housing, meals, training expenses and airport shuttle).