COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (June 25, 2019) – USA Volleyball will hold its 40th Annual Girls Junior National Championships (GJNC) June 27 to July 6 at the Indiana Convention Center.
Nearly 1,300 teams and 13,000 athletes will be in Indianapolis to compete in the 10-day event, with an estimated 30,000 family, friends and spectators coming to watch. The teams will compete for one of 27 titles across seven age groups (11-17s).
The GJNC utilizes a staggered start and finish for divisions based on age over the course of the tournament played on 76 courts inside the Indiana Convention Center. All but the youngest age division play four-day tournaments in the 10-day span (11 National Division runs three days).
All teams except Patriot Division teams must qualify through USA Volleyball national or regional qualifying tournaments held across the country, or through at-large selections based on results at qualifying tournaments.
2019 USA Volleyball Girls Junior National Championships Schedule
- 14 Open, National, USA, American, Patriot: June 27-30
- 15 Open, National, USA, American, Patriot: June 28-July 1
- 12 National, American: June 29-July 2
- 11 National: July 1-July 3
- 13 Open, National, USA, American: July 1-July 4
- 17 Open, National, USA, American, Patriot: July 2-July 5
- 16 Open, National, USA, American, Patriot: July 3-6
This year’s GJNC marks the second time Indianapolis has hosted the GJNC with the first edition held in 2016.
Sport Court is the official athletic flooring for all USA Volleyball national championship events.