Good day Officials and greetings from the Officials Assembly!
Wow – what a year 2020 has been?!? I hope and pray that you and your family are safe and sound this holiday season. I can easily say that we all have been affected by this pandemic. Here’s to a brighter and more prosperous 2021.
Your Officials Assembly and Officials Development team have been working on your behalf throughout this pandemic. We have conducted seven elections to date. The following individuals have been elected to represent you:
- Board of Directors: Steve Kenyon (Southern Region)
- Beach Assembly Rep: Keith Murlless (Rocky Mountain Region)
- Beach Assembly Rep: Thang Nguyen (Lone Star Region)
- Chair, Officials Assembly: Carlos Rodriguez (Lone Star Region)
- At-Large National Indoor Referees Rep.: Steve Franco (Sun Country Region)
- At-Large National Indoor Scorers Rep.: Bonnie Apol (Rocky Mountain Region)
- At-Large RVA Indoor Scorers Rep.: Jane Dong (Southern California Region)
- At-Large ParaVolley Officials Rep.: Tim Harlow (North Country Region)
Here are the last two spots to fill this year. We are currently in the final days of the At-Large RVA Beach Rep election. The call for nominations for the final position will be very soon.
- At-Large RVA Beach Rep.: TBD
- OA Rep to USAV Admin Council TBD
In July, we had a virtual meeting to recognize our colleagues who achieved 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35 and 40+ years of service. Thank you to all of you for your many years of contributions to our great sport. Your countless hours of dedication and service do not go unnoticed. While we could not be in person, it was great to see so many faces.
The Officials Assembly is here to serve you. We will be looking to make some minor modifications to Officials Assembly Administration Manual. If there is anything that we can do for you, please do not hesitate to reach out to any of us.
Here’s wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Be safe out there,
Chair, USAV Officials Assembly