COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (July 24, 2017) – The United States will send a group of up-and-coming men’s volleyball players to the Pan American Cup, which begins on Tuesday in Gatineau, Canada.
Although the players are young, many already have international playing experience.
The team will be coached by Rob Neilson, who has been serving as a U.S. Men’s National Team assistant coach this summer.
Those on the team with international experience include middle blocker Jeff Jendryk and outside hitter Jake Langlois, who both played on this year’s FIVB World League team that finished fourth. Both also played on the 2016 Pan American Cup team.
Setter Jonah Seif, who is serving as team captain, played in the 2015 Pan American Games and played professionally in Poland’s top league last winter.
Opposite Kyle Ensing and middle blocker Scott Stadick both played on USAV High Performance youth and junior national teams as did outside hitters Brenden Sander and Jake Arnitz and libero Evan Enriques.
In terms of positions: outside hitters are Arnitz, David Wieczorek, Langlois and Sander; middle blockers are Price Jarman, Mitch Stahl, Jendryk and Stadick; setters are Seif and Michael Saeta; opposites are Ensing and Arvis Greene; liberos are Enriques and Larry Tuileta.
The U.S. Men will begin pool play on Tuesday, July 25 against Mexico. They will play Dominican Republic on Wednesday (July 26) and Cuba on Thursday (July 27). The other pool will include Argentina, Canada, Puerto Rico and Venezuela.
The quarterfinals will take place July 28, semifinals on July 29 and finals on July 30.
The United States last medaled at the Pan Am Cup in 2014 when it took silver. It last won the event in 2012.
U.S. Roster for the Men’s Pan American Cup
No. Name (Pos., Height, Hometown, College)
2. Price Jarman (MB, 6-9, Las Vegas, N.Y., BYU)
3. Mitch Stahl (MB, 6-7, Chambersburg, Pa., UCLA)
4. Jeff Jendryk (MB, 6-10, Wheaton, Ill., Loyola of Chicago)
7. Arvis Greene (Opp, 6-7, Los Angeles, Calif., Cal State Northridge)
8. Brenden Sander (OH, 6-4, Huntington Beach, Calif., BYU)
9. Jake Langlois (MB, 6-10, San Jose, Calif., BYU)
11. C Jonah Seif (S, 6-6, Thousand Oaks, Calif., UC Santa Barbara)
13 Jake Arnitz (OH, 6-7, Yorba Linda, Calif., UCLA)
14. Kyle Ensing (Opp, 6-7, Valencia, Calif., Long Beach State)
15. David Wieczorek (OH, 6-8, Chicago, Ill., Pepperdine)
20. Scott Stadick (MB, 7-0, Watertown, Wis., UC Irvine)
21. Michael Saeta (S, 6-5, Pasadena, Calif., UC Irvine)
23. Larry Tuileta (L, 6-2, Honolulu, Hawaii, Hawaii)
25. Evan Enriques (L, 6-2, Punalu’u, Hawaii, Stanford)
Head Coach: Rob Neilson
Team Manager: Brian Failinger
Assistant Coach: Joaquin Acosta
Assistant Coach: Jordan Cheng
Therapist/Trainer: Brett Biedermann
Technical Coordinator: Brian Failinger
Schedule for Men’s Pan American Cup
Gatineau, Canada (All times ET)
14:00 Argentina v Puerto Rico
16:00 Cuba v Dominican Republic
18:00 United States v Mexico
20:00 Canada v Venezuela
14:00 Dominican Republic v United States
16:00 Argentina v Venezuela
18:00 Cuba v Mexico
20:00 Canada v Puerto Rico
14:00 Mexico v Dominican Republic
16:00 Puerto Rico v Venezuela
18:00 United States v Cuba
20:00 Canada v Argentina
July 28: Quarterfinals
July 29: Semifinals and Classification
July 30: Finals