College beach volleyball pairs are invited to compete at the Men’s and Women’s Beach Collegiate Challenge on Nov. 11-13 in Huntington Beach, Calif.
This is the inaugural 2022 USA Volleyball Men’s and Women’s Beach Collegiate Challenge
The competition consists of 32 teams in the main draw, playing in eight pools of four teams (round robin). The top three ranked teams in each pool (a total of 24 teams) will advance to to single elimination.
All deadlines are at 5 p.m. Pacific time.
- Oct. 7: Registration open
- Oct. 28: Regular registration deadline
- Nov. 4: Last day to withdraw with no penalty
- Nov. 4: Late registration deadline
- Nov. 4: Coach and medical registration deadline
- Nov. 10: Technical meeting
- Nov. 11-13: Tournament main draw
Players on teams do not need to be from the same college. Players must:
- Be eligible to compete for the United States per USAV, NORCECA, FIVB and IOC regulations/requirements. This program will follow all rules and regulations as established by the FIVB manual.
- Be a currently registered member of USAV. Complementary memberships will be provided for all athletes participating that do not already have a current USAV membership.
- Athletes must be at least 18 and less than 25 years of age on Nov. 11, 2022. If graduate students are over the age of 25, they may send an appeal to firstname.lastname@example.org. Athletes in a pair can be from separate universities.
- Athletes must be currently officially registered as progressing toward a degree or diploma at a university or similar institution whose status is recognized by the appropriate national academic authority of the United States.
- Student athletes must have taken at least six credits towards a degree or diploma within the last six months before the event. The standard is that the athlete must be ‘progressing’ towards a degree.
- Former students of the institutions who have obtained their academic degree or diploma in the six months preceding the event start date are permitted to compete. Submit a signed letter from their university approving the athlete to participate. Should there be any issues not resolved by the University in relation to entry please email email@example.com.