USA Volleyball has selected Orlando, Fla., to host the 2022 USA Volleyball Open National Championship, May 27-June 1, 2022. The event was last held in Orlando in 2016 with a record number of 578 teams in attendance.
9400 Universal Boulevard
Orlando, FL 32819
Located in North Hall A
- AM Wave
- Men’s A, Men’s 50; Men’s 40; Women’s AA; Women’s 45; Women’s 55; Coed 4’s; SONA
- PM Wave
- Men’s AA; Men’s 60; Men’s 70; Women’s A
- AM Wave
- Men’s B; Women’s B; Women’s 50
- PM Wave
- Men’s BB; Men’s 55; Men’s 65; Women’s BB
Registration is now CLOSED.
- Online Registration in AES for ALL Divisions: Friday, April 29, 7 p.m. ET
- Online Roster Edits: Friday, May 6, 11:59 p.m. ET
- Last Day to Receive Entry Refund: Friday, May 6, 11:59 p.m. ET
- Seeding Form: Wednesday, May 11, 11:59 p.m. ET (Seeding Form)
- Foreign Team/Participant Registration and Forms: Wednesday, May 18, 11:59 p.m. ET (See Forms Below)
- Manual Roster Edits (send to firstname.lastname@example.org): Friday, May 20, 11:59 p.m. ET
Men’s Division & Women’s Division: $900 entry fee into the tournament + $50 for a one-event membership for ALL players/coaches/staff on the roster.
Registration though AES is now CLOSED.
Please see AES Registration Instructions to find more information on how to create a account, club, team, roster and how to register for the event.
Once team representative registers for the event, USAV Events will email the team rep with more information on how to get players and staff registered for membership.
The following forms for Foreign Team/ Players must be sent to email@example.com by Wednesday, May 18, 11:59 p.m. ET.
- Each Foreign Player on a roster by provide the following:
- Foreign Participant Registration Form
- Proof of Age (picture of ID, Passport, etc)
- Foreign Insurance
- $10/person -OR- $100/team
- Canadian teams must provide Letter of Good Standing from Volleyball Canada to qualify for the insurance fee waiver. (Open National Championships- proof of 24-hour medical insurance coverage while in the United States will work in place of Letter of Good Standing)
- Foreign Team
- Foreign Team Registration Form
- Not needed if foreign player on U.S. team
Foreign Teams & Players must be aware and abide by all travel restrictions and requirements when entering the country. Please be aware of the most up to date requirements by confirming with your airline, and reviewing the CDC’s website.
The player / team matching service is intended to help players find teams or teams find additional players as part of the competition at the 2022 USA Volleyball Open National Championship. Lists of teams and players will be published on this page. You must fill out the application form to be added to the list of teams and players.
Should a team need to cancel its registration from the national championship before the refund deadline date, a full refund of the entry fee will be given.*
Refund Deadline Date: Friday, May 6, 2022.
*If the team pays by credit card, a $25 convenience fee will be charged. The convenience fee is nonrefundable.
Court rental for team practice(s) will be available on Thursday, May 26 and on Sunday, May 29 at the Equipment Tent located right next to the Championship Desk.
Thursday, May 26 – Practice times will run from 1-9 p.m. via first come first serve basis upon court availability.
Sunday, May 29 – Practice times will run for the duration of the day via first come first serve basis upon court availability. *Please note that tournament play WILL be in effect so availability may vary.
Ball checkout will be available for the duration of the tournament starting on May 27–June 1 at the Equipment Tent located next to the Championship Desk. Teams who intend to checkout balls must present a photo ID at the tent.
Online Check in begins on Sunday, May 22 and will run though the end of your division’s onsite check in time slot(s). Prior to arriving in person to on-site check in, please register your teams online via AES.
All On-Site check-in procedures will take place at the Orange County Convention Center North Hall A, Room N220C. In an effort to make the registration process more efficient, we have designated the day before each division competition begins for check-in. We do encourage teams to check-in early if you are onsite prior to your check-in date, however, priority will be given to the divisions designated to that day of check-in. Teams must be completely checked in prior to closure of registration (9 p.m. local time) on their designated check-in day. Teams that fail to check-in during this time frame will be subject to forfeiture of their first match of the tournament. Teams are NOT allowed to check in the morning or afternoon of their first competition day. Please arrange travel accordingly to ensure you arrive on your check-in day.
This will be enforced! Teams that have not checked in by 9 p.m. local time on their designated registration day will forfeit their first match and subsequent matches if complete check-in isn’t acquired by those match times.
|AA, A, Men 40+, Women 45+, Men 50+, Women 55+, Men 60+, Men 70+, Special Olympics||Thursday, May 26, 2022|
1:00 PM – 9:00 PM ET
|Coed 4s||Friday, May 27, 2022|
1:00 PM – 9:00 PM ET
|BB, B, Women 40+, Men 55+, Women 50+, Men 65+||Sunday, May 29, 2022 |
1:00 PM – 9:00 PM ET
- Only one (1) team representative or coach should go to the check-in room N220C in the Orange County Convention Center to check-in their team(s).
- The team representative/coach will receive wristbands and/or other information.
- Schedules and results will be available online.
- The team representative/coach will verify the team roster and uniform numbers.
- Once verified, the roster will be in effect throughout the Championship. No additions/changes to the roster or uniform number changes are allowed once play begins.
- The team roster is limited to fifteen (15) players and five (5) adults. ONLY those persons whose names appear on the verified roster receive wristbands and are permitted to sit on the bench.
|Division||Entry Fee||Check-in Date*||Play Dates**|
|Open (M/W)||$1,350||Friday, May 27||May 28-31|
|Aa (M/W)||$900||Thursday, May 26||May 27-29|
|A (M/W)||$900||Thursday, May 26||May 27-29|
|BB (M/W)||$900||Sunday, May 29||May 30-June 1|
|B (M/W)||$900||Sunday, May 29||May 30-June 1|
|Collegiate (M/W)||$950||Friday, May 27||May 28-30|
|Men 40+||$900||Thursday, May 26||May 27-29|
|Women 45+||$900||Thursday, May 26||May 27-29|
|Men 45+||$900||Sunday, May 29||May 30-June 1|
|Women 40+||$900||Sunday, May 29||May 30-June 1|
|Men 50+||$900||Thursday, May 26||May 27-29|
|WOMen 55+||$900||Thursday, May 26||May 27-29|
|Men 55+||$900||Sunday, May 29||May 30-June 1|
|women 50+||$900||Sunday, May 29||May 30-June 1|
|Men 60+||$800||Thursday, May 26||May 27-29|
|Women 65+||$800||Thursday, May 26||May 27-29|
|Men 65+||$800||Sunday, May 29||May 30-June 1|
|Women 60+||$800||Sunday, May 29||May 30-June 1|
|Men 70+||$800||Thursday, May 26||May 27-29|
|Men 78+||$800||Thursday, May 26||May 27-29|
|Men 74+||$800||Sunday, May 29||May 30-June 1|
|Special Olympics||$550||Friday, May 27||May 28-29|
|Sitting||$250||Sunday, May 29||May 30-31|
|Coed 4s||$250||Friday, May 27||May 28-29|
|Reverse Coed 4s||$250||Sunday, May 29||May 30-31|
*Please note that all teams must be checked in by 9 p.m. on their designated registration day. Failure to check in WILL results in forfeiture of your first match or set.
** All teams will play at least one match on the last day of your play schedule