Watching the kids in a small indoor gym training over three nets, I thought of all the lines we put kids into, the way we ignore the net, the way we inflict pain via the forearm pass and the way 6v6 is experienced by beginners. I get angry inside at knowing billions of kids over my lifetime have walked away from our sport for a lifetime because their introduction to the game is BORING. We must do better when we introduce this sport.
These drills were submitted to fulfill requirements for CAP I certification.
- Exchange (PDF) (Matt Laliberte)
- Hawaii Defend and Set (PDF) (Edwin Aguiar)
- Hitter vs Hitter Tic-Tac-Toe (PDF) (Grant Kudert)
- Risk Reward (PDF) (Greg Post)
- Nev’s (PDF) (Kristina Baehm)
- Cross Court Pepper (PDF) (Iain Bradbury)
- 5 on 5 Warm-Up (PDF) (David Noble)
- Modified USA 6 on 6 (.doc) (Kyong Lee)
- Base to D (.doc) (Jamie Gilmore)
- Scramble and Recover (PDF) (Juanita Blee)
- Terminator (PDF) (Christopher Strok)
- Dig-Set-Cover (PDF) (Stephanie Schmidt)
- Feed the Beast (PDF) (Ashley Cornett)
- 4×4 Out of System Setting (PDF) (Todd Lyon)